Set Machine is a highly configurable pattern recognition and manipulation utility for emails and files. It allows the user to define unlimited combinations and sequences of patterns, and actions to perform when patterns are recognized. It accepts input from stored emails (via MAPI) and/or files. It can generate database tables (via ODBC) and/or files. It can be configured to parse emails (header fields, text bodies) or perform transformations on files.
Set Machine can perform a wide variety of tasks because its design recognizes that many transformation tasks (parsing/extraction/conversion/searches etc.) involve the same basic repetitive process:
- recognition of patterns in the input,
- transition to another "state" based on recognition of the next pattern in the input.
Internally, Set Machine is very general and abstract. The user defines the details of the transformation task. As a result, Set Machine is both flexible and challenging.
* Recursive capabilities (enabling parsing of nested HTML/XML tags, comments, etc.)
* Wide-string (Unicode) input / output capability
* ODBC interface making database layout info (table and field names) available to the configuration developer
* ODBC interface allowing generation of arbitrary SQL statements built with a combination of user-defined data and parsed data
* User-defined function interface allowing execution of custom DLL code
Set Machine can be configured to :
* Parse emails
* Search for (and replace) text
* Generate C/C++ code, HTML, XML, and other formats from various sources (emails, C/C++ code, HTML, XML, etc.)
* Parse C/C++ source code
* Generate and execute SQL
* Count words/keywords
* Count lines
* Swap bytes
Set Machine can be configured to perform a practically limitless variety of tasks.