BTDTimer (Big Text Display Countdown) is a digital timer displayed in large font on a window that is maximized to the screen so that it is clearly visible from a distance.
To ensure that the timer display is uninterrupted, the program automatically detects whether the screen saver is active and if so, it temporarily switches it off while the program is running and it also automatically disables the computer's power save/off mode when this program is running.
When this program is running, the user is able to customize the timer display by selecting a font type, style and size. Additionally, the user is able to change the text color and display background color.
The user can control the timer using four push buttons: Start, Pause, Stop and Reset.
Here are the steps to using this countdown timer.
Step 1. Set the time limit. (Select menu Settings, Time Limit or press the F3 key.)
Step 2. Click the Start button
Optional Step 3. Click the Pause button to pause the timer. To resume the timer, click the Start button.
Optional Step 4. Click the Stop button to stop the timer.
Step 5. At the end of the countdown, the timer will show the time limit set. To reset the timer to 0:0:0, click the Reset button.
The maximum timer limit is 99 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds.
There are other additional user preferences.
1. Enable or disable display of program's startup screen.
2. Enable or disable program log.
3. Buttons position from left
4. Buttons position from top
5. Timer display position from top
6. Enable or disable timer ticking sound
7. Allows user to select a wav file as timer ticking sound or use its internal sound if no file is selected.
8. Enable or disable alarm when time limit is reached.
9. Allows user to select a wav file as alarm sound or use its internal sound if no file is selected.
The program automatically stores all program settings, i.e. font type, style, size, text color and background color as well as user preferences.